Year’s Eve. I LOVE Brie and I LOVE Puff pastry, so I thought it would be nice to put the two together in bite-size morsels. Thus the birth of Brie Bliss.
Oh my, my… they were delicious.
They truly are full of bliss.
I realize it is not the healthiest thing to eat, but hey, you only live once & it’s a great snack/appy to serve at parties or get togethers. I know when my girlfriends and I get together, there is usually brie and wine involved, so the next time we have a girl’s night, I’ll have to serve some of these brie stuffed puff pastry to go with our spirits 🙂
What you’ll need:
1 pkg of puff pastry
Jam or jelly of your choosing
Flour (enough to use to dust over puff pastry when rolling out)
What you’ll do:
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Lay out a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle some flour on it and roll out the puff pastry dough until it is about 1/8″ thick.
3) Cut the dough into 2″x 2″ squares.
4) Cut brie cheese into 1″ cubes and place in middle of each square of dough. Spread some jam or jelly on top of the brie.
5) Fold/close the dough around the cheese, so that it looks like a nice little package.
6) Place the parchment paper onto a pan or cookie sheet and place the brie/jam pastry packages about 1″ – 1 1/2 ” apart on top of the parchment.
7) Bake on middle rack for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.