Being fairly brand new to blogging, I had no idea what the Liebster
Award was. At least until I read a Facebook post by Erica from Musings by the Bay. It’s an honour to be nominated, to have the opportunity to get to know others and their blogs, for others to get to know me, and have the chance for my blog to be read by others. Thank you Erica 🙂
I have so many ideas in my head that I really needed a place to share them. I started blogging one month ago after the positive encouragement from an amazing woman I know (you can check out the awesome stuff she blogs about at www.gardentherapy.ca). It feels good to get out what is rattling around in my brain. But there’s something about writing and having others read and respond to it. By nature I am one to nurture. I love helping others and sharing my ideas and thoughts, great recipes, fun crafts, beautiful & inspiring quotes, songs…which is the whole reason I chose to start a blog. To share what I know 🙂
Now it is my turn to pay it forward and share this great honour by nominating 11 other new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. For those of you who do not know how the Liebster Award works, these are the rules:
1) Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
2) Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated me.
3) Answer 11 questions the person who nominated me has asked me.
4) Tell you 11 random facts about myself
5) Give my nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award.
I had an overwhelming response to my call out for nominees. I checked out each and every blog from those who had responded. It was such a tough decision because there are so many amazing, talented, interesting bloggers out there! I wish I could have chosen all, but unfortunately that’s not the way it goes. The nominees I chose are…
1) Rebecca @ mytravelswithmymum
2) Jennifer @ simblissitycottage
3) Paris @ hiwearewanderection
4) Sonya @ sonyasoulfood
5) Chloe @ thebrightglow
6) Courtney @ arrowsandapples
7) Amy @ eatraiselove
8) Beck @ mrsjonesvintage
9) Anna @ littlebitofrough
10) Tess @ whisperingsoflife
11) Sarah @ drawingsarah
Congratulations everyone! If you’ve been named a nominee, please follow and fulfill the Liebster award rules as they are listed above 🙂
Now for the 11 random facts about me…
1) My family has lived in Canada for 4 generations.
2) Although I love playing piano and singing, I suffer from performance anxiety/stage fright more times than not.
3) I would love to travel the world with my kids.
4) I’m trying to finish my Music therapy internship.
5) I have been blessed with having a job that I absolutely love.
6) I love crafting and creating stuff. I wish I had more time in the day to make stuff.
7) I love baking more than I love eating the things I bake.
8) My favourite colours are blue and green.
9) I love the Beastie Boys (RIP MCA)
10) I believe in the “Law of Attraction”.
11) I love meeting new people, but am also rather introverted, so sometimes I find it challenging to connect with others.
Now to answer the questions Erica wanted answers to…
- What side projects are you currently working on? My blog is my side project. I work full time as a music/art teacher, am a part-time student finishing my Music therapy internship, and a single parent to two amazing kids.
- How do you organize your blog schedule? I have a daily agenda, which I try to follow.
- Why do you blog? I wanted to start my blog to share the ideas I have buzzing around in my head.
- What’s the best advice you’ve heard? Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Who is your favorite author and why? I have two… Don Miguel Ruiz and Eckhart Tolle. I love both of these authors because they believe in personal growth and happiness.
- What are you most looking forward to in 2015? Possibly buying my own home and spending more quality time with my two children.
- When is the last time you laughed really hard? Last night.
- What’s the inspiration behind your blog posts? My children, good food, my work as a music and art teacher, inspirational quotes, music therapy… pretty much everything in my life.
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned since starting your blog? That there is more to blogging than just blogging…
- What three adjectives reflect your personality? Reliable, nurturing, happy
- Make us laugh – what’s your best joke? Ummm… jokes are not my forte. Sorry.
Here are 11 Questions for my Nominees to answer:
1) What is your passion in life?
2) How did you choose your blog name?
3) Why did you start your blog?
4) How do you organize your blogging schedule?
5) If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
6) What do you hope to accomplish in 2015?
7) Name three characteristics that best describe yourself.
8) What is your dream job?
9) Who do you admire the most?
10) Favourite song of all time
11) Favourite quote
Thanks again Erica for nominating me!