This is a tasty chutney that has a holiday feel to it. Delicious with
samosas or on cold/hot turkey sandwiches 😉
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice freshly squeezed is best
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup apples cored, peeled, and diced
- 1 package cranberries 12 ounce package
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Combine water, orange juice and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Add apples, cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cayenne pepper (raisins, too, if you're adding them).
- Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour chutney into a bowl and let it cool to room temperature before serving (mix before serving) or cover and store in the refrigerator. If storing in the refrigerator, bring the chutney to room temperature before serving it.